Working with a recruiter can seem like a bit of a luxury, but it’s the best way for people to find work that matches their wants and needs, and for companies to hire the best person for the job. Whether you’re on the job hunt or a business looking to hire, this blog will teach you the ins and outs of recruitment.
There are many reasons a business will use a recruitment agency to find an employee. Most commonly, they don’t have the resources, the in-depth knowledge, or the time it takes to find staff for themselves. It can be a really time-consuming process, so engaging the experts to do the hard work on your behalf is a smart business move.
The recruitment process
Once a business has engaged an agency, the real fun begins! You’ll work together to establish what role/s to fill, what the business needs are, and the skills and expertise required so the recruiter can start the search for the perfect candidate.
The recruiter will then utilise an extensive range of tactics to attract the best and brightest candidates, present them to the employer, and get the interviews started. There will be at least one great candidate, and the recruiter will manage the offer presentation, any negotiations, and the onboarding process, which takes the stress and hassle out of the process for you.
Advice for people on the job hunt
It can be a bit daunting and stressful for anyone looking for a new job, and that’s where working with an expert who has your best interests at heart is so important. The Grada recruitment specialists have some great advice for people currently looking for a new job, and considering working with a professional.
- Word of mouth is always powerful. Don’t underestimate how embedded recruitment specialists are in your industry, and how many connections they have that can be a huge advantage to you.
- Do your research – look at reviews for the recruiters you’re thinking about working with, and make sure the company’s ethics and goals align with yours.
- Test out a couple of recruiters that you’re interested in, but only choose 1 or two to work with at once. More consultants doesn’t mean more chances of getting the job!
- Be very open, honest and transparent with your recruiters. The more they know about you, your previous experience, and your career goals and aspirations, the better they can help you.
- Most industries aren’t as big as you think, so make sure you’re always putting your best foot forward in the interviews. It goes without saying, but be on time, respectful and professional, and let your personality shine through.
- Finally, go with your gut! You ultimately know what’s right for you.
Considering a career in recruitment?
Recruitment can be a great career choice. If you’re interested in it, reach out to some recruiters for a coffee or a drink – typically they love to chat and help people out. You can even apply to a few agencies that look interesting.
If you want to chat to us about opportunities in recruitment, or you’re thinking about working with a recruiter to find an employee or a new career opportunity, get in touch with our specialist team today.